Now accepting early bird registrations HERE
Remember that "landlording” is a business — Take yours to the next level by educating yourself on how to
better manage your tenants and avoid costly errors!
What you will learn at the Apartment Association's 2022 Landlord Boot Camp!
1. How to properly screen prospective tenants.
2. How to draft written screening criteria to assist you in the selection process.
3. How to comply with both federal and state Fair Housing laws including how to comply with "reasonable modifications” and "reasonable accommodations” requests.
4. How to legally reject an applicant.
5. What rental documents you should be using and why.
6. When you should be using a 5-day notice versus a 14-day notice, 28-day notice, or 30-day notice and how to properly serve the notice on your tenant Wisconsin Eviction Notices requirements have changed a lot in the past few years, with major changes in March 2016 and again in March 2018.
7. Everything you wanted to know (and probably even more than you wanted to know) about the Residential Rental Practices (ATCP 134) and how to avoid having to pay double damages to your tenant for breaching ATCP 134.
8. When you are legally allowed to enter your tenant’s apartment.
9. How to properly draft an eviction summons and complaint.
10. What to do to keep the commissioner from dismissing your eviction suit.
11. What you can legally deduct from a security deposit.
12. How to properly draft a security deposit transmittal / 21-day letter.
13. How to handle pet damage.
14. What to do with a tenant’s abandoned property and how this may affect whether or not you file an eviction suit.
15. How to pursue your ex-tenant for damages to your rental property and past due rent (and whether it is even worth it to do so).
16. An ample question and answer period. This alone is worth the admission.
. . . and much more.
All this for less than you would pay for an hour of an attorney's time.